Israel Adesanya risks his middleweight title against Yoel Romero at UFC 248 on Saturday night in Las Vegas.
Adesanya presently can’t seem to taste rout in the UFC, and comes into the battle following a staggering second-round win over Robert Whittaker back in October. The veteran Romero, 42, has lost his last two battles, however both were by choices.
Adesanya versus Romero happens on Saturday, March 7, Early prelims start at 11.30pm UK time, with the prelims at that point beginning at 1am, Main card begins from 3am UK time -that is 7pm over in Vegas.
Main card (from 3am UK on BT Sport 2)
- Israel Adesanya (champion) vs Yoel Romero (UFC middleweight title)
- Zhang Weili (c) vs Joanna Jędrzejczyk (UFC women’s strawweight title)
- Beneil Dariush vs Drakkar Klose (lightweight)
- Neil Magny vs Li Jingliang (welterweight)
- Alex Oliveira vs Max Griffin (welterweight)
Preliminary card (from 1am UK on BT Sport 2)
- Sean O’Malley vs Jose Alberto Quinonez (bantamweight)
- Mark Madsen vs Austin Hubbard (lightweight)
- Rodolfo Vieira vs Saparbek Safarov (middleweight)
- Gerald Meerschaert vs Deron Winn (middleweight)
Early preliminary card (from 11.30pm UK on UFC Fight Pass)
- Emily Whitmire vs Polyana Viana (women’s strawweight)
- Danaa Batgerel vs Guido cannetti (bantamweight)
Adesanya to win: 2/5
Romero to win: 2/1
What did both say?
Adesanya: “I’ve seen this person quit. ‘Stoolgate’. That mentions to me what sort of human he is. You see him cheat, getting within the gloves, snatching the fence, and they call these ‘veteran moves’.
“I’ve played against truly outstanding and most sly veterans in Anderson Silva and all his fugazi and it didn’t chip away at me. I’m also educated onto it … I’ve seen it previously.”
Romero: “obviously. I must finish. I would prefer not to go excessively insane hard, however I have to complete the battle. Me and my team have the plan to take him out. At the point when he commits the little one error – blast.”